Sunday, August 26, 2007

Some things never change. The girls in their bathing suits on the deck in the make shift pool. Which I might add there is a pool here. We have been and it is pretty cold, but great. We will be there more when monsoon ends. This is Oulmilla our Ayah. She is amazing. Feels weird to have one, but really nice. The girls love her although it took Asha a while. Now they tell her they love her all the time. My honey
My little honey on the back road to town. Notice the orange mustache. The little devil has discovered orange pop. Fanta. And she loves it. The view of the Landour bazaar from the back road.
A view along the Tehri Road, east from the school.



Another weekend done. We had a quiet one and found ourselves reading travel books and other books...books books books. This morning we went up to Char Tucan (again, wrong spelling) along the Eyebrow Path, which is so beautiful. A little scant of a path in spots as it drops down many meters to the valley below. But you just have to be careful. Asha mentioned something bothering her foot, and behold..her first leech. She was good about it and I just picked it off. No blood this time. Of course I forgot my camera and this is the best walk for pictures. Next weekend. We met up with all the church going folk, students and staff. Of course to my embarrassment, Roxy's friend asked why we were not in church and she piped "We don't go to church. We don't believe in God." Oh dear... Steve looked at me and said "Well it's true". One day she can make up her own mind. It is not often that I find myself a minority in this respect. But today I did. We had an great lunch and walk in the jungle on top of the mountain ridge with our friends Radha, Lorenz and their kids Josef and Aloisa. We spent the afternoon reading and hanging out. Ben and Chris came home from Rishikesh and shared some stories, Chris stayed for dinner. Going to mark some tests and get some rest. New week tomorrow. Here are some pics from the weekend. Promise to get better ones in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

Tangent said...

Hey Jackie,
It's so awesome to read about other people's blogs and find out all the experiences we are sharing on the hill. That is so cool! And I'm glad we're all here together!
Jeanne

Claire Cameron said...

Asha looks older already.